Civil Division Hours of Operation: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM-3:00 PM, Excluding TRO’s (Temporary Restraining Orders) & holidays. Closed on Friday.
The Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Civil Division carries out some services referred by the Superior Courts of California.
These responsibilities include serving:
- Restraining Orders;
- Writs of Execution for Bank Levies or Wage Garnishments;
- Writs of Execution for Possession for Evictions;
- Processing civil bench warrants; and
- Attaching and selling real property.
- Contact the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Civil Division at (707) 463-4419 for additional details or questions.
* Fees may apply.
If serving anything other than the above-mentioned court orders, please use a registered process server.
If you have a Temporary Restraining Order and you decide NOT to have the Sheriff’s Office serve it, you may have anyone over the age of 18 years old AND not a party to the action serve it on your behalf.
Our Civil Division is located in the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Business Office located at 951 Low Gap Road, Ukiah, CA 95482. The Civil Division phone number is (707) 463-4419.
Looking for information or forms regarding the Restraining Order Process?
A resource for domestic violence and sexual assault victims.
Letters of Instructions most commonly used: